Subject: Re: where to put a DPS PAR on an Amiga
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 03:15:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Oct 1995, Robert Metzger wrote:

> I bought a used PAR for working with LW and I'm wondering where to put the disk.
> 
> Do people buy 2091's or 4008's just to mount the disk on?  Has anyone found a
> cheap card to put into one of the PC slots to hold the disk?

Very good question that is rarely covered anywhere.  I installed my PAR 
drive onto my GVP G-Force 040 accelerator card's drive add-on hardware 
and moved the SCSI drive that was there to one of the 3.5" floppy bays.  
I had to sacrifice a disk drive, but the days of needing two disk drives 
are kinda past.

You probably could buy some kind of PC card that would plug into a PC 
slot and power the drive while supporting, but I dunno where you'd find 
something like that...maybe one of the PC flea markets that are fairly 
common up here in New England.

                                     -David Warner

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]